After Zinkes´s death (1963),
Gustav ZIGEUNER (born 1920 in Graz)
became chairman of pharmaceutical chemistry at the institute of
organic and pharmaceutical chemistry.
He got his doctoral degree in 1946 as student of Ziegler. In 1949
he obtained the venia legendi for organic and pharmaceutical chemistry.
His research was directed to the synthesis of
organic compounds such as diazonium salts, resins, and N-heterocycles.
In 1969, pharmaceutical chemistry was founded as institute and remained in the old
chemistry institute, whereas organic chemistry moved into the new building at
Heinrichstrasse 28. The old chemistry building
was renovated and a large new building was set up at the Schubertstrasse side.
Until 1976, pharmaceutical chemistry was part of the chemistry institutes; with the new
organization of the university (UOG75), pharmaceutical chemistry was separated from the
chemistry field and became part of the pharmaceutical branch.
Between 1963 and 1976, the following chemists got their venia legendi:
(born 1914 in Graz) got in 1945 his doctoral degree. In 1971 he obtained the
venia for pharmaceutical chemistry; his research was directed to the
development of chemotherapeutic agents.
(born 1941 in Graz) got his doctoral degree in 1968 as student of Zigeuner. In 1976 he obtained the
venia for pharmaceutical chemistry; his research deals with pharmacologically
interesting heterocyclic compounds.